Potty Training Part 3

We made it to March 1st and we are not accident free.  I tried my hardest and darnedest.  It just wasn't going to happen.  She does well staying a dry a half a day, while we run errands and occasionally a night or two, but mostly still has accidents pretty much all the time.  Usually change undies 2-3x a day.  I take her every time I go, I take her in between when I go.  We talk about it all day long.  She still gets treats and stickers.  It seems like though, last week and this week she has completely regressed and going more than the normal 2-3x a day.  I ask her and she emphatically says, "NO! No potty right now mom."  Then goes in her pants.  It's really exhilarating and fun for me to clean out dirty undies all day, its one of my hobbies now.(insert sarcasm)
The funny thing is, my trip to Walgreen's and Ross the other day took awhile and we had 30min. to and from the area and she stayed completely dry.  I have full confidence that she knows how to potty.  She is a very smart little girl.  I think she is just choosing not to do in the bathroom which is so frustrating.  Three months of this and I'm ready to throw in the towel.  I don't need another book, or another, "you should have done this....you could have tried that....."  "My daughter potty trained in a day...mine was in a week, mine was in 2 weeks... you must be doing something wrong."  All the comments are annoying and bragging how easy it was to train your child makes this process even more exhausting.
The current plan is start wearing panties day in and day out for another month, like we did for Jan. and Feb. and see where we go from there.  I hate to do this, but I'm just going to have to bite the bullet by more plastic pants to wear over her panties and buy more panties to get us through an entire day or two before doing laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...