Diaper Cakes

Last year one of my resolutions was to exercise my crafty side and here is another one of those projects.  

Below is my very first diaper cake I made! Excuse the bad photos, it was with my android and the lighting was horrible.
This one is very basic.  It was my first time ever making one and trying to figure it out on my own.

I used one pack of size 1 diapers.  I didn't have any rubber-bands, so I improvised and used hair bands.  I rolled the first 4 diapers, then wrapped a black rubber-band around them.  This would be my center part that would hold the other diapers together around it.


I then laid the diapers out in a circle and slowly started wrapping them together around the base(my rolled diapers).  I then secured with a larger hairband, which eventually popped, so I had to find another one and then quickly tie with the ribbon and stuff the other diapers around it.
This is how it turns out.  I stacked the two diaper circles to complete the cake.


Finished Product!  I tied shoes, rubber duckies, a onesie, teething rings and stuffed animal
around it.

My 2nd one was a little more complicated, but unfortunately, I had to make it quickly, it was a last minute gift and I didn't get any before and during pictures, but this is the finished product.  This one was way more fun to make, but a little harder to get even! :)



I used a pack of the Huggies blue Jean diapers so the bike would be blue.  The front light is a bottle, with onesie's on the front and around the bottle.  I used a very stiff diaper pad to make the handle bars and then put blue skull socks to make it feel more like a Harley, haha.  Then a burp cloth and bib underneath to make the seat for the bike.  It makes giving diapers so much more fun when they can be a center piece.

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I never thought one could make something cute out of diapers! I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The 2nd one was so fun to make, but I made the first one 2 weeks before I figured out how to make a motorcycle. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute diaper cakes! Can you post the instructions on how to make the motorcycle one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tricycle cake is completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...