Crock Pot Beef Stew

My hubby has been begging for a Beef Stew lately, so I decided to try it out.  This was actually my first time making Beef Stew.  I do Roast in the Crock pot all the time among other yummy dinners.

1 Top Roast(it was $10.80 at Walmart)
1 Packet of Onion Soup Mix
5 Carrots, sliced length wise
12 Small Golden Potatoes(these were so small, I just cut them in half)
3 Stalks of Celery chopped
2 Bouillon Cubes
1 Onion
1 Clove of Garlic chopped
1 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Pepper
1/4 C. Flour
1 tsp Garlic Powder

Place Roast in Crock Pot on High with Onion Soup Mix.  Whisk flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl, sprinkle on Roast and cover.

While Roast is heating, cut up all veggies(carrots, potatoes, celery & onion) and I put them each in a bowl and season Garlic powder, then throw into Crock Pot.  Add Clove of Garlic chopped!(Garlic is my favorite part)

Cook for 4-6hours on High or 8-10 on Low.

After it is almost cooked, I add the Beef Bouillon to 2 Cups of water and boil, then pour the Beef Stock over the Roast and Veggies, I let it cook another hour.  After the meat is super tender, I just shred it a bit in the crock pot, then stir and serve with some delicious crusty bread!

*Tip: you can add the Beef bouillon sooner if you like, I just don't want to boil my meat at first, I find it cooks more tender when all the seasonings are cooking into it and its more flavorful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...