Going "Green"

With the push all around us to be "green", buy organic, buy local, buy American, I’ve begun to think how wasteful and over indulgent we are as Country.  I include myself. 
 
I try to recycle. I sell things on Craigslist, drink filtered water in re-usable bottles, and use reusable shopping bags.  I even cloth-diapered my first baby, but now having two little Ones, I find it overwhelming to cloth-diaper, make my own baby food and remember to grab the reusable bags when trying to get the kids out the door to shop. 
 
Being wasteful is a way of life and common to Americans.  I know I won't change the world just from recycling my few items or even using my reusable bags, but maybe if I can purposefully live a more simple life, with less things and quit indulging in too much, then I can be an example to my girls, that we can be thankful for the small things, and enjoy life itself without being cluttered with stuff. 
 
So in 2011 my goal is to un-clutter my life, let go of unnecessary things, re-purpose as much as possible, give, give, give and only shop when I truly "need" something.  I want to find nearby Farmers Markets to support the smaller business-man and buy hand-made when possible.
  
Just for a little inspiration I have posted two videos that fascinate me:
(The second video would be extremely hard with a family, but it might create some inspiration.)
 
 
Tumbleweed Tiny House Company: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I *try* to be green, but I often fall short.

    Decluttering is such a great step! I used to be really good about not having excess "stuff," but that seemed to go out the window when my little one was born!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am trying my best to get re-organized around here. I like everything just so.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...